Welcome to the weekend, Lindy! Here's a list of events happening in Lindenhurst and in nearby communities, February 22 to 24.
Take a look, and feel free to add your own events in the comments section, below, and to the events section here.
And remember to share your Lindy Lens photos of these events by adding them here: Lindenhurst Resident Photo of the Day. Just click the upload button and include a one-line caption. Yours might be the next to be featured!
A mobile van from the Department of Financial Services will be parked at the Lindenhurst Memorial Library on Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. to help people needing assistance, according to information posted on the LML website.
FEMA will also be at the LML until Saturday, February 23, according to the LML website. Library officials told Lindenhurst Patch on Friday FEMA will be at the Copiague Memorial Public Library - located at 50 Deauville Boulevard, Copiague - starting on Tuesday, February 26.
More information about this could be found here: FEMA's Last Day at Lindy Library is Saturday
Lindy Local Events
Adopt a House is hosting a Sandy Rockin' Oldies Benefit Concert on Saturday at Lindenhurst High School at 7 p.m. The event will include performances from Randy and the Rainbows, Barbara Harris, the Devotions, the Clusters, Manhattan Skyline, Angel Rissoff, EQ, Sountrac and the traditions. There'll also be raffles and a 50/50. (See also the accompanying flier for more information.)
There's a Benefit for Lindenhurst Resident Justin Marino at Fireman's Pavilion on Saturday from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Tickets at $25 each can be purchased at Canyon of Heroes Bar and Grill on Montauk Highway in Lindenhurst. It includes include a hot buffet and unlimited beer, wine and soda, plus live music, 50/50 raffle and Chinese auction. One hundred percent of the proceeds will go to benefit Marino, a 22-year-old man who was born and raised in Lindenhurst, and was recently diagnosed with testicular cancer that has spread to his lymph nodes and lungs, according to organizers. Click here and here for more information.
Click the links for more information.
- Daniel Street's Fifth-Grade Yard Sale on Friday night from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Speed Dating Event for Ages 52-69 on Friday night at
The Blue Lagoon
- Fish Fry at the Lindenhurst Knights of Columbus on Friday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Dinner and Dancing at the Lindenhurst Moose Lodge on Friday at 7 p.m.
- Disney Blue Trunk Show from Friday to Sunday at Renate's Wedding Boutique
- The Three Little Pigs Out West Performed at the Studio Theatre on Saturday
- 50s Sock Hop at the Wade Burns VFW Post 7279 on Saturday night at 8 p.m.
- Wade Burns VFW Pancake Breakfast on Sunday morning
- Resources for Residents: A Post-Sandy Networking Meeting on Saturday from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Copiague High School
Other Local Events
Neighbors Helping Neighbors Babylon will be hosting another hot lunch, supplies and information day at the First Presbyterian Church of Babylon on Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. for families affected by Hurrican Sandy.
West Islip Public Library is hosting a classical music concert on Sunday at 2 p.m. in Rooms A and B.
The Ice Rink at Tanger Outlets at the Arches in Deer Park is open and ready for skaters. Stop in this weekend on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
More Happenings, Coverage and Updates
Click the links for more information.
- After Sandy - Long Island Recovers
- Hurricane Sandy Long Island
- The Latest Sandy Updates
- Tweet #PatchRebuilds to Help Hurricane Sandy Survivors
- Cuomo: Housing Extension Approved for Sandy Victims
- Cuomo Announces New Extension for Sandy Help
- FEMA Deadline Extended for Sandy Victims
- Long Island Cares Is Coming to Lindenhurst
- Schumer Calls on FEMA to Expedite Flood Insurance Payments
- Free Legal Help for Lindenhurst Sandy Victims
- Free Tax Filing Assistance for Eligible Long Islanders
- New Days and Hours at the Lindenhurst Youth Center
- Local Electrical Help for Sandy Victims
- Grace Nursery School Registration for 2013-2014
- Alleghany PTA Looking for Donations for Upcoming Fundraiser
- Ice Cream for Books! Lindenhurst Memorial Library Winter Reading Club
- Beautification after Sandy
- Long Island Pet Expo
- Long Island Builders Institute Presents: Superstorm Resource Expo