A fire sparked in a house on South Sixth Street on Monday morning brought the Lindenhurst Fire Department out to extinguish it in rising waters thanks to Hurricane Sandy.
Mayor Tom Brennan and Ray Fais, emergency manager for the Village confirmed the fire. They had no other details about this fire, but the mayor did tell Lindenhurst Patch he was told that a husband and wife were transported to Good Samaritan Hospital, but were okay.
The LFD already has had its hands full between the flooding, winds and rain, working to ensure the safety of the community during the storm.
Photos submitted by Denise Karl and Nancy Oakley, who offered more observational details of the fire in the above captions.
- Hurricane Sandy Long Island
- The Latest on Sandy
- Hurricane Sandy: Long Island Live Blog
- Photo: House Fire on South Sixth in Lindenhurst
- Montauk Highway Closed in Town of Babylon
- Update: Power Outages in Lindenhurst
- Sandy Forces Residents into Shelters in Babylon Town
- Keep Your Pets during Hurricane Sandy
- Biz Beat: Lindenhurst Dojo Offers Shelter during Sandy
- From Babylon Town website: Updated: Mandatory Evacuation Declared for Areas South of Montauk Hwy; State of Emergency
- State of Emergency Declared in Town of Babylon
- Lindenhurst Mayor: Mandatory Evacuation South of Montauk Now in Effect
- 10 Ways to Use Patch During Hurricane Sandy
- Hurricane Sandy Emergency Contact List
- Your Family and Storm Planning
- Share Storm Photos Here: Lindenhurst Resident Photo of the Day
Receive updates to this story and other breaking news in your inbox or smartphone by signing up for our newsletter here.