The following information was supplied by the Suffolk County Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and doesn't indicate convictions.
- October 23: James Pyne, Lindenhurst, charged, Copiague, DWI, first offense.
- October 21: Donald Cristiano, Lindenhurst, charged, Lindenhurst, assault, third degree, with intent to cause physical injury.
- October 20: Zbigniew Nerkowski, Lindenhurst, charged, Lindenhurst, DWI, first offense.
- October 19: Monika Golaszewska, Lindenhurst, charged, North Patchogue, operating moving vehicle impaired by drugs, first and operator leaves scene of property.
- October 12: Derek Cohen, Lindenhurst, charged, Babylon, operating moving vehicle impaired by drugs, first.
- October 10: Luggi Peralta, North Lindenhurst, charged, Copiague, assault, with intent to cause physical injury with weapon.
(Remember: Receive breaking news in your inbox or on your smartphone by signing up for Lindenhurst Patch's free newsletters and breaking news alerts here.)
In addition, here are a few more police and fire headlines and other incidents and stories to note:
- Weigh In: Suffolk's New Boater Safety Law
- Who Won the Third Presidential Debate? Obama or Romney?
- Report: Feds Close in on Crew Accused of Burglarizing Lindenhurst Home
- Fatality Causes Delays on LIRR's Babylon Branch
- Bomb Threat in Boys' Bathroom Causes Lindenhurst High School to Tighten Security
- Biz Beat: President of Lindenhurst BID Honored at Knights of Columbus Dinner
- Lindenhurst Loyal Order of the Moose Celebrates 60th Anniversary
- Full Coverage: Presidential Debate Is a Local Story on Long Island
- Who Won the October 16 POTUS Debate?
- Monthly Crime Report: Arrests Down throughout First Precinct
- How Should the Lindenhurst Board of Education Handle the Vacant Position?
- Pit Bull Goes Missing in Lindenhurst