Our local libraries are a source of both knowledge and entertainment, with informational and education events being hosted throughout the week.
The Lindenhurst Memorial Library often hosts these events for little or no charge, so check out the top events going on this week.
Week of February 25
1. The Lindenhurst Memorial Library is no longer hosting FEMA – the federal assistance program has moved to headquarter itself at the Copiague Memorial Public Library starting on Tuesday, February 26.
2. The Library will host Family Story Time at 7 p.m. on Thursday, February 26, for children, ages three to seven years old, and their adult caregivers. Come listen to stories, sing songs and have fun.
3. Mother Goose Story Time is for babies and toddlers up to 35 months old with an adult, and encourages language development with songs, rhymes and finger games. Story time gets underway at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, February 27.
4. Winter Story Time takes place right after the above on Wednesday, February 27, at 11 a.m. for children ages 2.5 to pre-kindergarten. It includes a story, projects and playtime.
5. Jacqueline Fleming, Senior Advocate from the Suffolk County Office of the Aging, will assist seniors on Monday, February 25, starting at 10 a.m. with applications for services including, Medicaid, food stamps, senior ID Cards, HEAP and much more.