Our local libraries are a source of both knowledge and entertainment, with informational and education events being hosted throughout the week.
The Lindenhurst Memorial Library often hosts these events for little or no charge, so check out the top events going on this week.
Week of February 4
1. The LML continues to serve as an official Disaster Recovery Center following Hurricane Sandy. FEMA and New York State agencies will be available there from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday. Please note the changes to these hours, and note the last Sunday opening for FEMA was January 27, according to information posted on the LML website home page.
2. The Library will host Family Story Time at 7 p.m. on Thursday, February 7, for children, ages three to seven years old, and their adult caregivers. Come listen to stories, sing songs and have fun.
3. Mother Goose Story Time is for babies and toddlers up to 35 months old with an adult, and encourages language development with songs, rhymes and finger games. Story time gets underway at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, February 6.
4. Winter Story Time takes place right after the above on Wednesday, February 6, at 11 a.m. for children ages 2.5 to pre-kindergarten. It includes a story, projects and play time.
5. The library will host a Valentine Preschool Hour, featuring a Valentine's Day themed hour of fun at 10 a.m. on Thursday, February 7.