While there are mainly closings on Monday, Lindenhurst Village Hall will remain open for as long as possible during Hurricane Sandy.
If/when the weather forces Village Hall to close on Monday, then Mayor Tom Brennan said residents with any hurricane-related problems will be able to call 631-957-7520, which, he said, should be manned the whole time.
He further indicated residents could start calling that line with hurricane-related problems on Monday morning at 7 a.m.
As of Monday afternoon Village Hall is still open, according to the mayor.
The Lindenhurst High School will be open starting on Sunday night as a temporary evacuation center for Lindenhurst residents seeking refuge during the storm.
In addition to three full-blown emergency shelters previously announced in Hampton Bays, Sachem and Brentwood that opened on Sunday morning, an additional shelter, located at Eastport-South Manor Junior/Senior High School, 543 Moriches-Middle Island Road, in Manorville, was opened on Sunday.
Two pet friendly shelters are open at the Brentwood Recreation Center and Suffolk County Community College's Eastern Campus, Woodlands Building.
Phelps Lane Annex in North Babylon is being set up like the LHS as a safe haven/refuge and Robert Frost Middle School in Deer Park is being set up as a full-blown shelter like the other four, plus the two-pet-friendly ones in Suffolk County. Read more about that here.
The Suffolk County Emergency Operations Center will be open 24/7 until further notice.
For more on what's open and closed at the Suffolk County level, click here.
Via Chris Vourtis on Lindenhurst Patch, "Chronwin Information Technology is in the office programming and fully operational South of Montauk Highway."
Lindenhurst Schools are closed on Monday, according to Superintendent Richard Nathan. Read more about that here.
Schools will also be closed on Tuesday, and Nathan also said Western Suffolk BOCES is closed on Tuesday. Read more about that here.
The Lindenhurst Youth Center is closed on Monday, according to director Kathie Skopek. Read more about that here.
The Lindenhurst Memorial Library is closed on Monday, according to library officials on Sunday. The information is also posted on the LML website here. In addition, according to the LML on Facebook, Halloween Craft Buddies on Tuesday (4:15 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.) is canceled.
Saint John's Nursery School in Lindenhurst will be closed on Monday, according to a post on Lindenhurst Patch's Facebook page. Another post on the Facebook on Monday morning indicates the school will be closed on Tuesday, too.
Pee Wee Folks in Lindenhurst will be closed on Monday, according to an event post about this by Karen Reinah. Read more about that here.
Reinah posted on Patch on Monday that the preschool will also be closed on Tuesday. Read more about that here.
The Academy of Martial Arts in North Lindenhurst is closed on Monday. Classes resume on Tuesday, weather permitting. The Lindenhurst Dojo - aka Lindenhurst Dojo, 750 North Wellwood Avenue North Lindenhurst - is offering shelter for those in need during the storm. Read more about that here and here.
In nearby West Babylon Our Lady of Grace Religious Education is closed on Monday, according to Deer Park North Babylon Patch on Twitter.
If there are other storm-related openings, closings, cancelations or postponements, then please upload them to Patch here: http://lindenhurst.patch.com/search/announcements.
And information could be added in the comments section, below.
Saty safe, Lindy!
- Hurricane Sandy Long Island
- The Latest on Sandy
- Shelter and Safe Haven in Deer Park and North Babylon for Babylon Town Residents
- From Babylon Town website: Updated: Mandatory Evacuation Declared for Areas South of Montauk Hwy; State of Emergency
- Village: Residents Can Move Cars to LIRR Parking Lot
- Officials: Lindenhurst Village Hall Open on Monday
- Lindenhurst Youth Center Will Close on Monday
- Suffolk County Executive Gives Update on Storm
- State of Emergency Declared in Town of Babylon
- Lindenhurst Mayor: Mandatory Evacuation South of Montauk Now in Effect
- 10 Ways to Use Patch During Hurricane Sandy
- Hurricane Sandy Emergency Contact List
- Your Family and Storm Planning
- Suffolk County Opens Emergency Shelters Sunday Morning
- LIPA: Customers Should Prepare For Possibility of Extended Outages
- Hurricane Sandy: Suffolk County Exec Declares State of Emergency
- Share Storm Photos Here: Lindenhurst Resident Photo of the Day
Receive updates to this story and other breaking news in your inbox or smartphone by signing up for our newsletter here.