Two local artists recently won top honors at Babylon Citizens Council on the Arts' .
There, Edward Lee took home Best in Show honors for his painting entitled Deer Park Avenue, Babylon 1990.
And Lynn Mueller won the coveted Town Supervisor's Award for her oil painting entitled Tee-Ball Time.
BACCA Board President - and Lindenhurst Village Administrator - Shawn Cullinane, along with Town of Babylon Deputy Supervisor Tony Martinez and Town Council Members Lindsay Henry and Tom Donnelly, were there to present the awards to the winners.
The Viewer’s Choice Award went to Eloise Ridley Pile.
However, the rest of the winners were chosen by a three-person panel that included Rose Ann Albanese, Carol Walsh and Philip Simone.
The following were the winners in each category:
- Oils: First, Luis Caraos; Second, Lynn Mueller; Third, Anthony D’Avino; Honorable Mention, Eloise Ridley Pile.
- Acrylics: First, Edward Lee; Second, Peggy Wolf; Third, Lois Stiene; Honorable Mention, Ann Carolyn.
- Mixed Media: First, Edward Lee; Second, William Grabowski; Third, Elizabeth Byer; Honorable Mention, Hannah Conti.
- Watercolors: First, Ninon Riccio; Second, Anthony Bertuglia; Third, Jillanne Burns; Honorable Mention, Jillanne Burn.
- Pastels: First, Rhoda Lowinger; Second, Francine Corso-Matson; Third, Rhoda Lowinger; Honorable Mention, Francine Corso-Matso.
- Portraits: First, Edward Bates; Second, Eloise Ridley Pile; Third, Rhoda Lowinger; Honorable Mention, Betty Waldman.
- Drawing: First, Ken Monda; Second, Trudy Runyon; Third, William Mueller; Honorable Mention, Ken Monda.
- Student (Nine to 14 years old): First, Viet Ngo; Second, Holly Grabowski; Third, Viet Ngo.
Information and photos were submitted by Susan Cohen, of the Lindenhurst-based BACCA.