TGIF, Lindy! There’s a lot to do this holiday weekend. Here’s what you need to know:
1. Yom Kippur begins tonight at sundown for those who observe.
3. and OLPH are also closed on Monday.
5. will be on Monday, too. However, this weekend there are several events happening, including the continuation of the nominations and the continuation of the Lindenhurst Kiwanis Club-sponsored submissions.
6. The Babylon Autumn Surf Fishing Cup is set for , from 5 p.m. Friday to 2 p.m. Sunday, in the waters from the western border of to the Sore Thumb at Fire Island Inlet.
The pre-registration fee is $15.00 with early registration gift. In-person registration is October 8 by 12 p.m. by the weigh station, which is located in the East End of the parking lot. The award ceremony will take place following the 2 p.m. end of the tourney on Sunday in the same parking lot.
7. The Annual Knights of Columbus-OLPH Council #794 will be held tonight from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Lindenhurst Village Trustee and KoC Council Member Mike Lavorata will be the Italian guest of honor. Details are here. For tickets call Sal Calamia at 516-410-1205.
8. Steak Night at the Loyal Order of Moose Lodge #1421 will run tonight from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Six-Gun Country/Western Night will start at 6:30 p.m. Saturday. There’s an officers meeting on Monday at 8 p.m.
9. will hold a tasting from today and another one on at the same time.
We have almost 550 followers on Facebook, and almost 590 followers on Twitter, six months after launch, and Lindenhurst Patch thanks you.
Keep spreading the word, and have a great day. Be well, and take care.