The Rainbow Senior Center in the Village of Lindenhurst is open Saturday and Sunday, November 3 and 4, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
"We just got our power back last night, so we have heat and TV for the kids, and we have hot food coming in cooked by some volunteers," Director Barbara Poldino told Lindenhurst Patch on Saturday.
"Please come, sit and stay; we're not limiting to seniors. We're a former school, so we have room," she said.
People could charge their electronics there, too, she said.
Poldino also said the Center has been calling its seniors in the community to check on them, but any word residents could get out to them about this help, and any word back to the Center they could provide about the seniors in the community that they're okay would be helpful.
"We're calling them, and we're using word of mouth, but any help in that respect would be much appreciated," she said.
- Hurricane Sandy Long Island
- The Latest on Sandy
- Hurricane Sandy: Long Island Live Blog
- Cuomo: Gas Headed to Long Island
- Help Restoring Power Comes from North Carolina
- Website Helps with Gas Search
- Cablevision Offers Sandy Credits
- Suffolk Sets up Saturday Food Distribution Centers
- Town Imposes Curfew South of Montauk Highway
- Relief for Local Businesses
- LIPA: Restoration Nine Days Away
- Suffolk County Fuel Update: Customers Limited to One Tank of Gas
- OLPH Holding Special Mass on Monday for Sandy Victims
- Suffolk Elections Board: The Vote Will Go On
- Photos: Sandy Rips Away Older Portion of Lindy Docks
- Photos: Devastation South of Shore Road in Lindenhurst
- Suffolk County Gas Shortage: Where Can You Refuel?
- Bring Your Own Cooler: Sheriff Offers Free Ice
- Suffolk Warns Gougers
- Hurricane Sandy Relief: How You Can Help
- Cuomo: Homeowners Will Not Pay Hurricane Deductibles
- Health Officials Warn Against Dangers of Contaminated Flood Water
- LIST: Several Supermarkets Open in Suffolk County Following Hurricane Sandy
- Suffolk County Says Water is Safe
- Officials: Many Homes South of Montauk May Be Uninhabitable
Receive updates to this story and other breaking news in your inbox or smartphone by signing up for our newsletter here.