The information - which was posted Friday, November 9, and shared with Lindenhurst Patch by Deputy Mayor Kevin McCaffrey - related to the mandatory electrical inspections announced on Tuesday by the Village, and by the Town of Babylon, along with other crucial Town updates.
(Other Babylon Town post-Sandy updates could be found on the Town's website here.)
This latest information provided by the Village also included details about the text messaging update service the Village began this week to keep residents updated in the aftermath of Sandy.
Tuesday's update also included information for National Grid gas customers, and Mayor Tom Brennan also told Patch on late Wednesday afternoon, "People are also starting to get their gas back there."
The mayor also said LIPA's been South of Montauk, to various houses, and the no-cost, but mandatory electrical inspections there have begun.
Meanwhile Friday's information read on the website here as follows:
"LIPA is planning to begin the process of powering up homes South of Montauk Highway.
"Residents where flooding occurred are urged to shut off the main breaker in their homes.
"Before turning the breaker back on residents are advised to contact a licensed electrician to inspect the integrity of the electrical system.
"Currently LIPA is determining when and where the repowering will occur.
"As soon as the information becomes available it'll be communicated on our website and text messaging system.
"This information is available on our website, www.villageoflindenhurst.com, and via our text message alert system by texting 'VOL' to 411247."
Latest and Related Coverage:
- Hurricane Sandy Long Island
- The Latest on Sandy
- Important Electrical Information from the Town of Babylon for Residents South of Montauk Highway
- A Push to Restore Power
- Noreaster Brings More Flooding South of Montauk in Lindenhurst
- LIPA Sends Out Customer Bills
- As Locals Freeze LIPA Frustrations Boil Over
- Lindenhurst Mayor: No South of Montauk Evac Order Issued for Noreaster: Includes Information about Electrical and Gas Inspections
- Babylon Town: Mandatory Electrical Inspections South of Montauk Highway
- Village Begins Text Messaging to Keep Powerless Residents Informed
- Police Urge Caution If Utility Crews Ask to Enter Homes
- Costco Generators Recalled Because of Possible Fuel Leaks
- Help Restoring Power Comes From North Carolina
- LIPA: Restoration Nine Days Away
- LIPA: Lindehurst Substation Restored
- Update: Power Outages in Lindenhurst
- LIPA: Customers Should Prepare For Possibility of Extended Outages