The Lindenhurst School District has appointed a new special education chairperson at the Lindenhurst High School.
Vicki Keyes was officially appointed to the position at the most recent Lindenhurst Board of Education meeting. And, according to Superintendent Richard Nathan, it's an interim position.
"She's taking a leave of absence from her position as a psychologist at the high school to take over in this position that was recently vacated," Nathan said.
"She already knows the parents, and is already familiar with the CSEs," he continued, adding that her position as interim high school special education chairperson was made retroactive to the week after Thanksgiving.
Keyes has been at the LHS for a year and a half, and was at Daniel Street Elementary School for many years prior to that. She was also at Harding when she first started in the District.
"This should be nice. It's a good opportunity," Keyes said.
- Lindenhurst Board of Education Sets Three Workshops for the Community
- Lindenhurst Board of Education Closer to Decision to Fill Vacant Seat
- Lindenhurst School District: Lindy Students' Winter Break Canceled
- Lindenhurst School District Staff Expands by Three
- Update: Lindenhurst School District Hires New Assistant Superintendent