Seven teachers in the have opted for retirement.
The resignations of Richard (Rick) Caravaggio, Linda Hammer, Theresa Barchi, Josephine Girardin, Linda Havron, Wanda Iengo and Anthony Jones were on 's Lindenhurst Board of Education meeting agenda.
And the BOE formally accepted them.
- Caravaggio began in the District on October 5, 1978 as a health teacher, and taught for a total of 33 years. He also coaches the Varsity Girls Softball team.
- Hammer started on September 1, 1974 as a speech and language teacher, and taught for a total of 38 years.
- Barchi began on July 1, 1982 as a speech and language teacher, and taught for a total of 30 years.
- Girardin started on September 1, 1995 as a French teacher, and taught for a total of 17 years.
- Havron began on February 1, 1985 as an elementary teacher, and taught for a total of 17 years.
- Iengo started on September 1, 1983 as a special education teacher, and taught for a total of 29 years.
- Jones began on September 1, 1989 as an industrial arts (technology) teacher, and for a total of 23 years.
The Board thanked them for their service to the District.
"The Board of Education seeks to express its sincere appreciation for [their] service to the School District and to the children of the community, and takes this opportunity to join with [their] colleagues in extending best wishes for a happy retirement," the BOE agenda read.